When the screen goes black, press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously. If that doesn’t do it for you, let me know your phone model in the comments. It makes flashing ROMs and making backups so much quicker and easier. And it also has a couple of useful extra features that you won’t find elsewhere. The Stock Recovery that comes preinstalled on our smartphone has very limited features. Like you can’t root or flash files using the stock recovery. Assuming you’ve copied a ROM (in .zip format) or other flashable zip file into the device’s internal storage you can sue the Select Zip screen to locate and choose it.
There are two ways in which this can be done; through fastboot commands or Magisk. For the Magisk method, we shall be using the Direct Install feature which is absent in many devices. To avoid any confusion go with the fastboot method and if there is any error then go with the other to root the Android device without TWRP. First, you need to extract the stock boot.img file, this is a bit complex as you cannot simply extract the firmware and get the required partition files.
- So, do not try the below steps of any other smartphones other than Samsung phones.
- It is possible to boot into this partition, enabling you to power on and information access the files on your phone without loading the Android OS.
- Yes, there is an alternative MediaTek flash tool called SP MDT Tool.
- Interested users may proceed to our tutorial on how to use SP Flash Tool to flash Android phone.
- You can select to reboot the System (Android), to Power Off, to reboot Recovery, or to boot to the Bootloader.
- It enables you to backup and restore your device data both selectively or completely depending on your needs.
Also, part-time watching news videos, playing Games and a deep lover of Web developer and Web designing. This is the best way to backup all your phone contacts safely with google. Once you sync all your contacts, you can now access all your phone directories anywhere at any time. Give the application some time as it will take a backup of your data.
So if any device partition gets corrupted, you could pick it up from the backup firmware and flash it via the tool or Fastboot Commands. Along the same lines, you may also use the boot.img from the backed up firmware, patch it via Magisk and flash it via Fastboot to obtain root. So without any further delay, let’s start off with the guide to backup your MediaTek firmware using SP Flash Tool. SP Flash Tool does not require an active internet connection once downloaded and extracted on your computer. However, you will need an internet connection to download the tool and firmware, custom ROMs, or recovery images that you intend to flash onto your device. Once everything is done, click the “Download” button to start flashing the stock firmware on your MediaTek Android device.